Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heart and Home

Now I know it is your poison which imprisions me. For not half an hour ago did thoughts of treason enter my head. Feeling no feeling now but a steady haze, a slowing of ideas, a sinister comfort for even displaced as I am I know it is you.

Creaking floor boards that old cliche yet you delight in it often. Is it because I helped to rip your garments from you leaving you in this state. And the whispers from the rooms behind me the bottles cannot hide them always this you revel in.

Who were they? Staring with their sad eyes at me as their feet sway. Are they yours mine ours! Maybe all this is false but still I feel your embrace is spreading. No place feels a home anymore.

 Except the heart. The heart is the home now no other is safe. So I kill it to keep it safe. Wrapping it in soft layers so tight it slaps at me to stop.

1 comment: